What will you learn in this PHP tutorial ?
Hey buddy, this PHP tutorial is for beginners as well as professionals which provides in-depth knowledge of PHP scripting language. Our PHP tutorial will assist you to seek out PHP scripting language easily.
This PHP tutorial will cover all the topics of PHP from it’s introduction and including all deep knowledge. These deep topics are control statements, functions, array, string, file handling, form handling, regular expression, date & time, OOP in PHP, math, PHP MySQL, PHP with Ajax, PHP with jQuery & PHP with XML.
What is PHP ?
PHP is an open-source, interpreted & object-oriented scripting language which is executable on the server-side. PHP is compatible for web development. Therefore, it is use to develop web applications (an application that executes on the server and generates the dynamic page.).
PHP was created by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1994 but its presence in market is seen in 1995. PHP 7.4.0 is that the newest version of PHP, which was released on 28 November.
Some details need to be noticed about PHP are as followed in the below tutorial:
- PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor.
- It is an interpreted language, which means that, there is no need for compilation.
- PHP is quicker than other scripting languages, as an example , ASP and JSP.
- It could also be a server-side scripting language, which is use to manage the dynamic content of the online site .
- PHP have often embedded into HTML.
- PHP is an object-oriented language.
- It is an open-source scripting language.
- PHP is simple and easy to seek out out language.
Characteristics of PHP
Five important characteristics make the practical nature of PHP possible –
Why use PHP ?
PHP could also be a server-side scripting language, which is use to style the dynamic web applications with MySQL database.
- It handles dynamic content, database also as session tracking for the online site .You can create sessions in PHP.
- It can access the cookies variable and also set cookies.
- PHP helps to encrypt data and implement validation.
- PHP supports several protocols like HTTP, POP3, SNMP, LDAP, IMAP, and much of more.
- Using PHP language, you’ll control the user to access some pages of your website.
- As PHP is simple to place in and located out, this is often the foremost reason why PHP is that the simplest language to seek out .
PHP can handle the forms, like – collect the data from users using forms, reserve it into the database, and return useful information to the user. as an example – Registration form.
Features of PHP
PHP is extremely popular language thanks to its simplicity and open source. Given below are some important features of PHP:
- Performance: PHP script is executed much faster than those scripts which are written in other languages like JSP and ASP. PHP uses its own memory, therefore the server workload and loading time is automatically reduced, which finishes up in faster processing speed and better performance.
- Open Source: PHP ASCII document and software are freely available on the web . you’ll develop all the versions of PHP according to your requirement without paying any cost. All of its components are free to use & free to download.
- Familiarity with syntax: PHP has easily understandable syntax. Programmers are comfortable coding with it.
- Embedded: PHP code have often easily embedded within HTML tags and script.
- Platform Independent: PHP is out there for WINDOWS, MAC, LINUX & UNIX OS . A PHP application developed in one OS has often easily executed in other OS also.
- Database Support: PHP supports all the leading databases like MySQL, SQLite, ODBC, etc.
- Error Reporting: PHP has predefined error reporting constants to urge an error notice or warning at runtime. E.g., E_ERROR, E_WARNING, E_STRICT, E_PARSE.
- Loosely Typed Language: PHP allows us to make use of a variable without declaring its data type. At the time of execution, it will be automatically taken as to what type of data is supported in its value.
- Web servers Support: PHP is compatible with most of the local servers used today such as Netscape, Apache, Microsoft IIS etc.
- Security: PHP could also be a secure language to develop the online site . It consists of multiple layers of security to prevent malicious attacks and threads.
- Control: Different programming languages require long script or code, whereas PHP can do the same add a few of lines of code. it’s maximum control over the websites like you’ll make changes easily whenever you’d like .
- A Helpful PHP Community: It has an outsized community of developers who regularly updates documentation, tutorials, online help, and FAQs. Learning PHP from the communities is one of the various benefits.
PHP is widely utilize in web development nowadays. PHP can develop dynamic websites easily. But you would like to possess the essential the knowledge of following technologies for web development also .
- XML and JSON
HTML – HTML is use to style static web page.
CSS – CSS helps to make the web page content simpler and attractive.
What you’ll Do with PHP ?
There are lot more belongings you’ll do with PHP.
- You can generate pages and files dynamically.
- You can create, open, read, write or close files on the server.
- Data can also be collect from an online form like user information, email, phone no, etc.
- You can also send emails to the users of your website.
- You can send and receive cookies to trace the visitor of your website.
- Unauthorized restriction can also be access to your website.
- You can store, delete, or modify information in your database.
- You can encrypt your data for safe transmission over internet.
The list doesn’t end here, there are many other interesting things that we simply can do using PHP. you’ll study all of them intimately in upcoming chapters.